Ilyena Therin Moerelle
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Ilyena Moerelle Dalisar was Lews Therin Telamon's wife and true love during the Age of Legends.
Her third name, an honorific, indicates that she was a woman of importance.
After marrying Lews Therin Telamon, about fifty years before the beginning of the War of the Shadow, she changed her name into Ilyena Therin Moerelle.
- Lews Therin kills her and the rest of their family in his madness (TEotW, Prologue).
- Lanfear claims that Ilyena stole Lews Therin away from her and that he belonged to her before (TDR, Ch. 36; TSR, Ch. 40; TFoH, Ch. 6).
- Lanfear calls her "straw-haired chit" (TDR, Ch. 36), "milk-hearted" (TSR, Ch. 50), and "yellow-haired trollop" (TFoH, Ch. 6).
- Lews Therin called her Ilyena Sunhair (TFoH, Ch. 55).
- Lews Therin moans about his lost Ilyena (TFoH, Ch. 55, LoC, Ch. 3; Ch. 10; Ch. 18; Ch. 51; Ch. 53, TPoD, Ch. 23).
- Lews Therin whispers he should have sent Ilyena away (TPoD, Ch. 29).
"Ilyena never flashed her temper at me when she was angry with herself. When she gave me the rough side of her tongue, it was because she..." (Lews Therin; The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 2).
"Mustn't use that. Threatens the fabric of the Pattern. Not even for Ilyena? I would burn the world and use my soul for tinder to hear her laugh again." (Lews Therin about balefire; The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 44).
"I will never forget Ilyena, not if all the world burns!" (Lews Therin; The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 44).
"I was never yours, Mierin. I will always belong to Ilyena." (Rand to Lanfear; The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 52).