|Birthday||22 February 1985|
|Join Date||3 July 2004|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: July 3, 2004
- Joined Tower: August 30, 2006
- Raised Accepted: January 22, 2007
- Aspired to the Brown Ajah: January 28, 2007
- Raised Aes Sedai: August 11, 2007
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Summer Euro Party 2007 - Driebergen, The Netherlands
Senior Member Interview
December 22, 2011
- Why did you choose Brown?
There was no other choice for me. The Browns on this site are a wonderful group of women (and Warders). We're diverse and laid back.
- Are you like the Browns in the books? Do you love books and have a tendency to daydream?
Yes. I'm working on a doctorate in History and I work part-time at a bookstore. My life is books. Hopefully, I'm not as frumpy as some of the Browns portrayed in the books though.
- Do you have a favorite Brown Ajah character from the novels?
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I first read Eye of the World when I was thirteen, so nearly fourteen years now.
- How did you first get into the series?
My dad picked the first book up for me, though he has yet to read them.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
I'm partial to Mat.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
I have to actually remember characters? I don't know. All of the Forsaken seem pretty petty. I like a little more complexity with my villains.
- Favorite book and scene?
The first is probably the best, but then again, I haven't read it since I was thirteen... I did really enjoy the scene in (was it Crossroads of Twilight?) in which Tuon completes the marriage ceremony with Mat.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
Seanchan innkeeper. I would be very good at honoring the Empress, may she live forever.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I happened upon it after one of the books was published in 2004 and later returned to the site in 2006. Our community is diverse and a wonderful place to meet amazing people from different parts of the globe.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I'm a poor graduate student and teaching assistant. In short, I do a lot of reading, complaining, grading, and BS-ing.
- Do you have any hobbies?
I enjoy reading and writing for pleasure (not essays or dissertations), running, comic books.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Eclectic. Anything from Bach to Elvis to LCD Soundsystem.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
I love Miyasaki's work: Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, etc., Goodbye Lenin!, the usual nerd fare, like Star Wars, LotR. A few television shows I enjoy are Arrested Development, Mad Men, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Batman: The Animated Series, The Wire.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, South of the Border, West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami I don't know - I read a lot of history. It's very difficult to list just a few books...
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
Veterinarian. I love animals.