|Join Date||March 20, 2002|
|Bonded to||Paxam Leratharn|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: March 20, 2002
- Joined Tower: March 20, 2002
- Raised Accepted: May 4, 2006
- Aspired to the Blue Ajah: May 10, 2006
- Raised Aes Sedai: September 21, 2006
- Director of Research and Records: November 8, 2015 - September 17, 2018
- Researcher: June 2007 - November 8, 2015
- Integration Focus Group member: May 1, 2014 - August 26, 2014
- Sitter for the Blue Ajah:
- Servants of All Planning Committee member: August 2012 - March 22, 2014
- Member of the Department of Community Outreach: May 23, 2011 - January 16, 2014
- Archiving Minion: July 11, 2011 - November 18, 2011
- Merit Minion:
- December 1, 2012 - January, 2016
- December 6, 2011 - January 1, 2012
- Head of the Blue Ajah: January 1, 2011 - June 30, 2012
- Tower Historian: May 12, 2010 - November 4, 2012
- Department of Philanthrophy Staff: January 26, 2010 - May 23, 2011
- General Moderator: May 10, 2010 - July 1, 2010
- Mundane World Moderator: January 1, 2010 - May 10, 2010
- Soul of the Blue Ajah: April 2007 - October 2007
- Heart of the Blue Ajah: October 2006 - April 2007
- Classroom Teacher:
- Creative Articles
- Library Editor
- Tar Valon Times Member Spotlight about Kerna Shedrian (January 2012)
- Zarathi al'Domir, Aes Sedai of the Gray Ajah
- Pip al'Dealys, Gaidin of Mahdi'in d'ma Dieb
- Kaelin Quinlan, former Accepted
- Amendra Roshan, former Novice
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2017 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- JordanCon 2016 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2017 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2018 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2019 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Summer Euro Party 2006 - Skipton, Yorkshire, England
- Winter Euro Party 2010 - Much Wenlock, Shropshire, UK
- Euro Party 2011 - Much Wenlock, Shropshire, UK
- Britain and Ireland Party 2015 - Dublin, Ireland
Senior Member Interview
- Why did you choose Blue?
I chose Blue for their sense of fun, sense of humour and sense of duty. The Blue focus appealed to me and the ladies just sold the deal.
- Are you like the Blues in the books? Do you plot and manipulate? Do you travel a lot?
I'm quite like the Blues in the books. I like to get stuck into projects. I tend to plot sometimes and maybe I manipulate a little >.> but both require patience :P I'd like to travel more but I don't think I could travel for the sake of travelling.
- Do you have a favorite Blue Ajah character from the novels?
I like Siuan, I think you get to understand her the most of all the Blues. She's determined, resourceful and yet she's got a soft gooey centre. She is the most human of all the Blues you get to meet.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I've been a fan since 2002. I've reread the series countless times at this stage, at least once a year.
- How did you first get into the series?
A boy in my college class was reading the series. He was toward the end of book 4 so had book 5 with him too one day. We used to have long breaks between classes, sometimes 3 or 4 hours. I was bored so started reading the prologue to book 5 while he was reading the other. Next day he brought book 1 in for me and it went from there.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
I'm a Mat fan. I've read through the books just skipping to his chapters once or twice. I enjoyed his courtship especially.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Hmmm... it changes by the book. I'm going to go with Lanfear over all though. Selfish, manipulative and pretty darn badass!
- Favorite book and scene?
Book 5 is my favourite, maybe it's because it's what got me into WoT or maybe it's coz there is no Perrin.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
An innkeeper could be cool. But if you're going to be in a fantasy you may aswell live it up so I'd like to be an Aes Sedai but one that's out in the world rather than in the Tower. I'd pop back only to shake things up.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I was googling back in the early days and found a few WoT sites; Dragonmount, Stone Dogs etc. I believe Stone Dogs was what linked me here and I was soon hooked. I had a few LoAs until we got proper broadband in my parents around the time book 10 was released, I think. It prompted me back and I realised I wanted to stick around permanently.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I'm a Trainee Accountant in a Recruitment company, mostly doing payroll and such. Pretty dull really but I do like spreadsheets.
- Do you have any hobbies?
Besides reading I like puzzles and spreadsheets. I enjoy editing the library here and researching WoT stuff.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I love pop. I really love old songs though, new songs tend to get over played really quickly! I love singing crap and dancing around. In a club I prefer RnB to dance music though.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Dirty Dancing, Labyrinth, Willow, Grease, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and Braveheart are some of my favourite films. TV shows change depending on the season but Buffy, Grey's Anatomy, Blue Bloods, Friends, Two and a Half Men and the Simpsons are ones that I could watch at any time no matter how often I've seen the episode before.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
I love series. I'd much rather read a series than an individual book so I've read quite a bit of fantasy. Butcher's Alera series was pretty good, Ilona Andrew's Kate Daniel's series is pretty good fluff, as is Karen Marie Moning's Fever series. I liked Eddings Belgariad series (but not mad about the Mallorean), LotR is obviously worth a read, and a reread! I enjoyed ASoIaF too. Besides fantasy I like Historical fiction. Conn Iggulden's Conquerors series is well worth the read and Philippa Gregory is worth picking up.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I wanted to be President (or so I wrote on one questionnaire when I was small) but teacher and nun also featured. I'd love to own my own store/pub but I do enjoy numbers and spreadsheets so it seems I'm destined for finance, alas!