A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Lacile Aldorwin is a young Cairhienin woman. She is one of the young Tairens and Cairhienin who try to emulate the Aiel, and has sworn herself into Faile's service as a member of Cha Faile (TPoD, Ch. 8).
- Her name is not mentioned, but Lacile is one of the members of Cha Faile to travel with Perrin and Faile to Ghealdan (ACoS, Ch. 27; TPoD, Ch. 8).
- Cha Faile is guarding Perrin and Faile's tent. Arrela and Lacile don't want to let Perrin enter, but Parelean barks an order and they stand aside (TPoD, Ch. 8).
- That night, Cha Faile holds a meeting. Lacile's name is not mentioned, but it can be assumed that she was there. The members who went to scout Bethal share what they have learned, and Faile gives them orders, which the reader does not learn (TPoD, Ch. 8).
- Parelean, Arrela and Lacile bring Faile news that Masema has been meeting with the Seanchan. Lacile is swallowing anxiously (TPoD, Ch. 30).
- When the Shaido attack, Faile tells Parelean, Arrela and Lacile that one of them must get away to warn Perrin of Masema and the Seanchan, but Parelean is killed and Arrela and Lacile are taken captive. When Faile sees Lacile, a tall Aielman has her tucked under one arm like a small package and she is kicking furiously (TPoD, Ch. 30).
- As the Shaido herd their new gai'shain towards their camp, Arrela and Lacile try to behave like Bain and Chiad, but Faile thinks to herself that they have little success. A tall Aielman tucks Lacile under his arm to look at her feet, and her face is crimson with mortification (WH, Ch. 3).
- When the Aielman spins her around over his shoulder, Lacile squeals. After that she is quiet, although her face is still red. When Arrela also does not struggle much, Faile thinks to herself that there are definitely advantages to their emulation of the Aiel (WH, Ch. 3).
- As they continue to march towards the Shaido camp, Faile looses sight of Bain, Chiad, Arrela and Lacile. Faile, Alliandre and Maighdin search for them, but with no success. Maighdin says that they will have to find them that night (WH, Ch. 4).
- Perrin is informed that Faile, Alliandre, Maighdin, Arrela, Lacile, Bain and Chiad have been captured (WH, Ch. 6).
- Faile convinces Arrela and Lacile to run away from the Shaido, although it is not easy to convince them to leave without her. She finally convinces them by telling them that they have to carry word to Perrin of where Faile is, along with information on how many Shaido there are and the message that Faile already has her own plan for escape and that his interference might endanger her (CoT, Ch. 9).
- Bain and Chiad help Arrela and Lacile escape the first day outside of Malden, leading them out to the trees and obscuring the tracks on the way back (CoT, Ch. 9).
- Faile learns, three days later, that the disappearance of Arrela and Lacile hasn't been noticed (CoT, Ch. 9).
- Arrela and Lacile are captured. Aravine leads Faile to where they are, lying naked and hogtied on a cart bed. Both of their heads are hung tiredly, though they look up when they sense Faile. Aravine tells Faile that they were brought back that morning, and that they will be untied before dark, since it was their first attempt at escape, though she doubts they will be able to walk before tomorrow (CoT, Ch. 9).
- Because the Shaido camp is a dangerous place for gai'shain and they are often assaulted, Arrela and Lacile have found protectors by climbing into the blankets of their captors, Lacile with Jhoradin, the Mera'din who captured her, and Arrela with one of the Maidens who captured her (KoD, Ch. 5).
- Faile, Alliandre and Maighdin meet up with Arrela and Lacile and enter Malden to begin the first stage of their escape (KoD, Ch. 28).
- The building where Faile, Alliandre, Maighdin, Arrela and Lacile are supposed to meet Galina collapses, trapping them all (KoD, Ch. 28).
- Faile, Alliandre, Arrela and Lacile give Maighdin their support as she tries to channel to save them all (KoD, Ch. 28).
- When Faile's people and three Mera'din find them in the collapsed building, Arrela and Lacile alternate between tears and laughter (KoD, Ch. 29).
- Rolan pulls Lacile out of the building fourth, after Faile, Maighdin and Arrela. She is rubbing her bottom where Rolan pinched her. As Jhoradin hands her a skin of water, he trails one finger down her cheek and she smiles at him. Faile thinks to herself that Lacile is preparing her way back into his blankets, in case they cannot escape (KoD, Ch. 30).
- Faile, Alliandre, Maighdin, Arrela and Lacile escape from Malden with Faile's people and the three Mera'din who helped them escape. After Perrin kills Rolan, he sees Lacile leaning against Arrela, weeping, and another Aielman lying dead on the ground with two wooden knife hilts sticking out of his back. It is possible that Lacile killed Jhoradin; Perrin certainly seems to think so, thinking to himself that likely Lacile found actually killing someone to be harder than she had expected (KoD, Ch. 30).
- When Faile starts sending her people to gather together the other gai'shain, she tells Arrela to stay, because Lacile needs a shoulder to cry on for a while (KoD, Ch. 30).
- She burns a piece of silk to commemorate Jhoradin (TGS, Ch. 21).
- Faile has her visit the Whitecloaks to spy on them. She wears a dress to do so, which she keeps on for a while after her return (ToM, Ch. 30).
Perrin thinks to himself that while Cha Faile is Faile's to the bone, the fact that he is her husband means little (TPoD, Ch. 8). Perrin thinks that Arrela and Lacile are two foolish young women who think they can learn to be Aiel, or some strange version of Aiel (CoT, Ch. 5).
Jhoradin, the Mera'din who made Lacile gai'shain, wants to take her back to the Three-fold Land with him, even if she is Cairhienin. He thinks that he can convince her to make a bridal wreath for him. Faile thinks to herself that Jhoradin will not get his wish, because Lacile is focused on escape (KoD, Ch. 5). Lacile seems to love Jhoradin. When Faile, Alliandre, Maighdin, Arrela and Lacile escape from the collapsed building in Malden, Faile thinks to herself that Lacile, smiling at Jhoradin, is preparing her way back into his blankets in case they don't escape, but then adds that, "at least, [she] thought that was what she was doing." When Jhoradin is killed, Lacile seems to be truly grieving (KoD, Ch. 30).
Faile thinks to herself that while they are in the Shaido camp, Arrela and Lacile are focused on escape like arrows aimed at a target (KoD, Ch. 5).
"Lacile rose to her feet as Perrin came closer, a pale little woman with red ribbons pinned to her lapels, small gold hoops in her ears, and a challenging stare that sometimes made the Two Rivers men think she might like a kiss despite her sword. Right then, the challenge was stony hard." (Perrin; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 8).
"Jhoradin thinks he will take Lacile Aldorwin back to the Three-fold Land with him even if she is a Treekiller. He believes he may convince her to make a bridal wreath to lay at his feet." Lacile had found her own protector by climbing into the blankets of the Mera'din who had made her gai'shain, and Arrela had done the same with one of the Maidens who had captured her, but Faile doubted that Jhoradin would attain his wish. Both women were focused on escape like arrows aimed at a target. (Rolan and Faile; Knife of Dreams, Chapter 5).