Author: Val a'Shain
Leya is a Tinker woman and part of Moiraine's personal network of eyes-and-ears. She is not a young woman, grey is showing in her hair. Her face has few lines though (TDR, Ch. 1). She has a horse named Piesa (TDR, Ch. 2).
- Leya meets Perrin, Uno and a group of Shienarans in the Mountains of Mist and asks to be taken to Moiraine. On the way back to their camp Perrin and Leya have a talk about the Tinker's The pacifist philosophy (TDR, Ch. 1).
- When Leya arrives in the Dragon Reborn's camp she insists on talking to Moiraine first, refusing a meal or warming herself by the fire (TDR, Ch. 2).
- As Leya disappears into Moiraine's hut Min reads her aura. She will die a violent death (TDR, Ch. 2).
- Leya is hurt in an earthquake caused by Rand using the One Power. Min and Perrin are unsure if this is what Min saw in Leya's aura (TDR, Ch. 3).
- Trollocs attack the Dragon Reborn's camp and Leya is killed. Despite Perrin's attempt to prevent it Min's viewing turned out to be true (TDR, Ch. 5).
Leya is a dedicated member of Moiraine's network of eyes and ears.
Leya's pacifist ideas attract Perrin but strike him as impractical as well.
Visions and Prophecies
- Min's Viewings
- The Tinker woman is going to die. Perrin, I saw her own face floating above her shoulder, covered in blood, eyes staring. It's never any clearer than that (TDR, Ch. 2.
This is fulfilled three chapters later.
"'How did you find us?' He had asked before, each time Moiraine sent him out to wait at a spot she named, for a woman she knew would come. The answer would be the same as it always was, but he had to ask.
Leya shrugged and answered hesitantly. 'I... knew that if I came this way, someone would find me and take me to her. I... just... knew. I have news for her.'"
(Perrin to Leya as to how she found them; The Dragon Reborn, Chapter 1).
"'Violence harms the doer as much as the victim,' Leya said placidly. 'That is why we flee those who harm us, to save them from harm to themselves as much for our own safety. If we do violence to oppose evil, soon we would be no different from what we struggle against. It is with the strength of our belief that we fight the Shadow.'"
(Leya to Perrin about her beliefs; The Dragon Reborn, Chapter 1)