Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
He joined the Band in Cairhien, but has fought Tairens and Andorans before (KoD, Ch. 37). He has a developed sense of honor and is not happy when Mat invents a back story for him in which he abandons a sick aunt (TGS, Ch. 34).
- He issues Mat's commands to his soldiers when the Band prepares the attack against a Seanchan force (KoD, Ch. 27).
- He commands the crossbowmen against the force that is out to kill Tuon (KoD, Ch. 27).
- Mat plans to take him to Trustair posing as an apprentice (TGS, Ch. 34)
- He is in the tent with Mat when Verin tells her story (TGS, Ch. 35)
- He is one of the group chosen to accompany Faile when she tries to take the Horn of Valere to Mat (AMoL, Ch. 33)
- After Vanin and Harnan flee, he insists they are not Darkfriends and there must have been some misunderstanding (AMoL, Ch. 37)
- He is seized by flows of air when Aravine betrays the group (AMoL, Ch. 37).
- He is released when Olver stabs the woman in white (AMoL, Ch. 37).
"'I remember times we were outnumbered, with enemies on every side, and he danced the Band around them. Not to slip away, mind, but to beat them. Beautiful battles.'
'A beautiful battle is one you don't have to fight,' Mat said, more sharply than he intended. He did not like battles. You could get holes poked in you in a battle. He just kept getting caught in them, that was all. Most of that dancing around had been trying to slip away." (Mandevwin to Teslyn and Mat's comment; Knife of Dreams, Chapter 27)
“Can't I go with a story that makes me more honourable” To Mat, The Gathering Storm, Chapter 34).