Author: Estyrien al'Halien
Sorilea is a Wise One of the Jarra sept of the Chareen Aiel. She is the Wise One of Shende Hold. She can channel but is not very strong. What she lacks in strength in the One Power she makes up in sheer strength of will (TFoH, Ch. 5). All Wise Ones defer to Sorilea (LoC, Ch. 18). She is older than any living Wise One and possibly older than Cadsuane (LoC, Ch. 51; TPoD, Ch. 12).
- 999 NE: Sorilea tells Aviendha and Egwene al'Vere off for objecting to Wise Ones' instructions (TFoH, Ch. 23).
- 999 NE: Sorilea helps treat the wounded after the battle against the Shaido in Cairhien (TFoH, Ch. 44).
- 1000 NE: Sorilea and other Wise Ones talk to Rand al'Thor to remind him of his obligations (TFoH, Ch. 52).
- 1000 NE: Control of the captured Aes Sedai is passed to Sorilea and the other Wise Ones (ACoS, Ch. 2).
- 1000 NE: Sorilea gives Verin Mathwin permission to question the captured Aes Sedai (TPoD, Prologue).
- 1000 NE: Sorilea swears a water oath with Cadsuane Melaidhrin (TPoD, Ch. 12).
- 1000 NE: Sorilea brings five of the captured Aes Sedai to Rand so that they can swear fealty (TPoD, Ch. 29).
- 1000NE: Sorilea brings Verin something to help her sleep and to tell Cadsuane that four more of the da'tsang Aes Sedai have sworn to Rand (WH, Ch. 13).
- 1000NE: Sashalle talks Sorilea into letting her have authority at the Sun Palace over Samitsu (CoT, Ch. 10).
- 1000 NE: Sorilea is the first person to get a reaction from Semirhage by saying how human she seems (TGS, Ch. 14).
- 1000 NE: She and Cadsuane decide to discuss how to improve Rand (TGS, Ch. 14).
- 1000 NE: After Cadsuane is banished, she asks Sorilea for help with a new plan (TGS, Ch. 31).
- 1000 NE: She is with Cadsuane when Nynaeve tells her of what happened at Natrin's Barrow (TGS, Ch. 37).
- 1000 NE: After Nynaeve tells them, she tells Nynaeve to withdraw, but Cadsuane says Nynaeve could be useful and she relents (TGS, Ch. 37).
- 1000NE: When she learns that the men sent to kill the Dark One have been Turned to the Shadow, she says that the Aiel have toh to the world
- 1000NE: During the meeting where the Dragon's Peace is signed, she stands with Egewene (AMoL, Ch. 5)
- 1000 NE: During the Last Battle, she fights with the rest of the Wise Ones, in the valley of Thakan'dar (AMoL, Ch. 35).
Even Cadsuane believes that Sorilea is formidable. The two women are bound by water oath to teach Rand how to feel again (TPoD, Ch. 12). They are becoming friends but nobody knows of this (WH, Ch. 13).
Sorilea thinks highly of Egwene and will be disappointed that Egwene is staying with the Aes Sedai (ToM, Ch. 14).
- Sorilea likes to play matchmaker. (LoC, Ch. 18)
- Sorilea seems to believe that Egwene has become Aiel. (LoC, Ch. 18)
- Sorilea leads the Wise One in the battle at Dumai's Wells. This is slightly surprising since all the Wise Ones were chosen for their strength in the One Power, yet Sorilea is a very weak channeler. (LoC, Ch. 54)
- Min saw a blue, yellow and green aura around Sorilea showing that she would serve Rand in a fashion. (TPoD, Ch. 29)
"Sorilea (soh-rih-LEE-ah): The Wise One of Shende Hold, a Jarra Chareen. Barely able to channel, she is the oldest living Wise One, though not by as much as many think." (Lord of Chaos Glossary)
"For that matter, Bair was not the strongest-willed Wise One. That honour went to an even older woman, Sorilea, of the Jarra sept of the Chareen Aiel. The Wise One of Shende Hold could channel less than most novices, but she was as likely to send another Wise One on an errand as a gai'shain. And they went." (Egwene about Sorilea; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 5)
"Cadsuane had encountered the woman before, and interesting encounters they had been, if brief. She had not met many people she considered formidable, but Sorilea was one. Perhaps even a match for herself, in some ways." (Cadsuane about Sorilea; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 12)
"Min was sure that if she said the wrong thing here, that bony old woman would have her hide. It was not a viewing. She just knew Sorilea better than she wanted to, by now." (Min about Sorilea; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 29)