The Tower Mediator offers peer mediation when conflicts occur by facilitating communication and understanding on both sides of the disagreement. They use conflict resolution strategies to help members hear each other and come to a satisfactory resolution.
Position Level: Admin
Department: Department of Membership
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Administrator Merit
Chain of Command
The Tower Mediator reports to the Director of Membership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mediate conflicts between members as they arise, either at the request of members or at the request of site administration.
- Encourage communication and understanding on both sides of the disagreement.
- Document interaction and report resolution results to the Director of Membership.
- Must be able to dedicate 10-15 hours per week, though this could fluctuate depending upon need.
- Must be a member in good standing for at least 12 months.
- Must be trustworthy and able to keep discussions confidential.
- Must work well with others, and be able to stay in timely contact with the Director and fellow admins.
- Must have conflict resolution skills, and be willing to work with parties who will be at odds with one another.
- Must be knowledgeable about with our Membership Manual, Code of Conduct, and Bylaws.
- The ideal candidate will have formal conflict resolution or de-escalation training/experience.
The position was first advertised June 28, 2020.